It can be statistically proven that Sprint Triathletes are the happiest people on earth.  Here is the feedback from Dt's informal and very unscientific poll (is that a redunancy?) when asking Sprint triathletes about the Sprint distance:

  • When asked how their training is going almost 100% laughed and pointed at my wetsuit.

  • When asked if there was one skill or limiter they should focus on this summer 90% said they needed a better bottle opener for the post race celebration.  The other 10% laughed and poked at my wetsuit.

  • When asked if their commitment to triathlon was the same as say an Ironman or 70.3 athlete 75% asked what is a 70.3.  The other 25% asked what commitment was.

  • When asked if they had committed serious financial resources to their race season 53% said they had borrowed their friends bike for the season so, yes.  Twenty percent said the race fees were pretty serious but made sense for an event that had three races built in: "Swim, bike, and get to the post race food and drink."  The balance asked to define "resources."

  • When asked about the injury curve 100% laughed and poked at my wetsuit.

The pollster asked if they would be interested in moving up to the Olympic Distance which is the official triathlon distance the world uses most of the triathletes asked if this was their chance to go to Rio.

Pretty much every weekend Dt has the athletes go through close to 90% of the Olympic distance and in some instance longer so that the sprint triathletes actually do a triathlon a week (please don't tell them this.)  Amazingly they will even work themselves up to 70.3 distances just because they're following everyone else.  You can tell who they are because as half of the team looks like they're riding through the Energy Lab at Kona the Sprints look like they're on the first leg of Italy's Southern Coast Gelato and Wine Tour.  Maybe the Sprints have discovered the secret of happiness.

Please reload

Featured Posts

Run the Cold

November 14, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

November 14, 2018

August 13, 2018

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

471 East 4th Street

Boston MA 02127

T: 617,335,7613

Website Manager: Vic Acosta